Travel Tips for 2020
With fewer travel restrictions and people wanting to get out and see somewhere new, remember, aircraft travel is going to very different than it was pre-pandemic. Many European countries and a few other select countries are available for travel without a mandatory quarantine but even still, holiday makers need to take extra precautions.
Current Travel Tips
• Pack several, easily accessible masks as they are required in airports and planes.
• Have hand sanitiser to hand, no bigger than 100ml in carry on (anti-bac wipes can also go through security). Larger bottles can be packed in your checked luggage, inside of shoes, to avoid them being squashed.
• Empty water bottles can go through security and be filled pre-flight at contactless water fountains in many UK airports.
• Checking in online is mandatory for many airlines, so do not forget to do this before getting to the airport.
• Not all airports will have these available but for those that do, using self-service kiosks for printing bag tags can help avoid queues.
• Sanitise hands before and especially after security.
• Another thing you can do is use the terminal toilets just before boarding to try and avoid plane toilets.
• Listen to airport announcements as boarding could be much different.
• Anti-bac arm-rests, tray tables, tvs and seat belts on board.
• There may be reduced food and drink on offer, so be prepared.
• Air filtration of planes has been upgraded to remove 99.9% of dust, fungi, moisture, bacteria and viruses. So please feel free to breath normally.